22.3.09

A letter to you...

To the men who have broken what should have been cherished,

I let myself believe that you could be someone. That it meant you’d be around and that you would make the effort to be a great friend and an even better man. However brief our moments were, your heart showed such care for me at one time. And now without words you’ve said more than I could imagine one heart could speak to another.

I thought I could trust; I really did.

Your genuine heart, the real you that shined back at me when we were just being us, was only to be hidden by fear. You’re passionate changing heart for God is transparent. But changing just one piece of who we are isn’t the only change He requests from us. We remain selfish beings when we avoid our mistakes. And letting my heart get away with too much was my mistake. It happened and I didn't even notice till the hurt hit me in the face.

It wasn't real; please let it not be real.

If it was real then the pain could go deeper; it will go deep. To hurt from an authentic love is breaking down an already bruised heart. How does authentic love remain blind, when the viewer doesn’t see you beyond the fear that enraptures the heart?

Always,

Authentic Lover







No comments: