21.1.09

Quirky thoughts.

So I'm sitting in my bed...awake...at 0130. Not happy. I went out to dinner with a friend; which by the way was at the most adorable resturaunt, Ken's Artisan Pizza, highly recommended; and like an idiot had a big cup of coffee. I was thinking that because my coffee drinking habits have never caused jitters before that it wouldn't make a difference to my nerves. Nope...I was so wrong. I had that coffee and then a pot of tea about an hour later at the Pied Cow, and I am still buzzing from it. Arrrrg! Next time I won't be so cocky.

So today I had a random thought about how many people I pay to touch me.


I know it sounds dirty, cross my fingers...it's not. I got my hair cut today, and as I was getting my hair washed it hit me how awkward the situation really was and yet it's very normal. Picture this: Me, in one of those reclining salon chairs, head in the wash bowl and some woman; who I don't know even know the name of; is massaging my head with soap...very odd. And she's not saying a word either. It's not easy to make me feel uncomfortable in those type of situations but the thought of how intimate that act is really got to me. Then I started to think about other instances where people that never introduce themselves touch me in strange ways...(again not meant dirty!). Like when you go to the dentist, that hygenist has her fingers in your mouth. And as weird as this is, I enjoy going to the dentist. I'm not thinking about that it's sanitary or whatever, I know its sanitary. It's just an odd thing to have someone else digging around in my mouth and I am paying them to do so. What is up with that? Oh also when you go to the doctor. Man, when they check your breathing with the sethascope...frickin' brrrr. You know what I mean, I know you do. Also other doctor wanderings, details are just not necessary. But you get the picture, and to think all of these people, we pay, to touch us intimately are just apart of life.

No comments: