9.1.09

Much needed vacation.


So I just got back from Hawaii a few days ago. It was perfect timing. I spent from the 22nd to the 2nd working; with one day off; which I was fully aware when I applied that I would be working over the holidays. I didn't expect to work eleven days and actually be away from home. It was a long couple weeks but you know it was worth it to be able to work my ass off to get people home to their loved ones. So anyway much needed vacation time was in the works and I made it happen.

I went to Kaua'i, Hawaii without friends, without family, just me. It was like learning to breath, seeing such a beautiful place for the first time and needing that time with God made it all the more special. I felt a bit nervous going any where by myself, and really unsure of how I was going to get around without a car. On my six hour flight from the mainland I realized that God had made it possible for me to get on a flight to Hawaii, so He is perfectly capable of providing for me while I was away. I was not alone. I spent hours laying in the sun just enjoying being happy again. I also rediscovered my passion for God and how much I am loved by Him even when I fall short.

Here is an excerpt from my journal:

I am rediscovering how loved I am by God. This place has brought a peace that I haven't felt in a while. Just to sit and be in God's beauty is a blessing. To be quiet without all the daily noise of life, soaking it all in. To be alone here has been both scary and freeing. I am capable of doing things like this and loving it as well. I feel like I haven't breathed deeply in a long time and this has brought breath back into my soul.

I also wrote a poem just in the moment of enjoying my freedom:

Quiet Traveler

The waves of my soul dance,

Breath to ease a weary traveler.

When quiet rages a calm encounters peace.



To listen with a full heart,

Hear this voice so sweetly call,

Keep chasing that sky,

so deeply set,
Watch breezes move on tiptoe,

enclosed by arms open wide.




(1/6/2009)



It was a spetacular time to reconnect with my thoughts and God. God provided to fullness of His promises.

No comments: