26.2.09

40 days.

So I have decided that for lent I am giving up alcohol. I had an interesting experience with drinking a little bit ago and I embarrassed myself to the point that I feel like giving up alcohol would be a good choice. It has never been a big part of my life but I do go out for drinks probably once a week with friends so we'll see how this goes.

3.4.09
I started writing this at the beginning of lent and it has been a week since I gave alcohol up. I never realized that it would be hard not to drink when I go out for dinner or out with friends. It makes me see that it is apart of my life more than I thought. I don't have an addictive personality or alcoholism in my family...I think, so no worries that it would affect me in that way. When I was little I used to say that I wouldn't drink anything even after 21; that changed when I actually did turn 21. But that isn't a big deal in any way, I just see now how much I like it.

No comments: